Ingredients (2 servings)
- 250g Haggis, thinly sliced
- 150g dried pasta
- 1 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 110g white, tangy cheese
- oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/fan oven 180C.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain & set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan & fry the onion, garlic, courgette, celery & herbs gently for 3 minutes before adding the tomatoes and their juice. Simmer gently for a further five minutes, remove from the heat & add the drained pasta.
- Tip half of the mixture into a greased, ovenproof dish. Lay the haggis on top (romove the skins first if necessary) then cover with the remaining pasta mix. Crumble the cheese over the top and bake for approx. 20 minutes until the cheese is melting into “blobs” – slightly longer if you prefer it bubbling & gloden.
Recipe from “30 Ways with Haggis” by Lynne Woods & Doug Vickers – Available to buy in store now